TOU-GUN, Urbonia - His Excellency Migs Caldeo, Co-President of the Daikoku Federation, President of the Democratic People's Republic of Urbonia and General Secretary of the People's Party of Urbonia issued a press release on Tuesday evening detailing the new party ideology.
The new party ideology was called "Urbonian Socialism" and it was a mix of ideologies of economic democracy, redistribution of wealth, scientific socialism, populism, liberalism, and neutrality. It was also influenced by the ideology of Theodorism.
The press release also included the party's program, which was shown through the slogan: "A nation for the people is our final goal."
The whole text of the press release is available below.
PARTY IDEOLOGY AND PROGRAM
OF THE PEOPLE'S PARTY OF URBONIA
Adopted on June 4, 2013
The People's Party of Urbonia is a political party which pushes forward the wishes and intentions of the people and it advocates building a state for the people. This is why the People's Party had adopted "Urbonian Socialism" as our leading ideal and the slogan "A nation for the people is our final goal" as the political program of our party.
PRINCIPLES OF URBONIAN SOCIALISM
ECONOMIC PRINCIPLES OF URBONIAN SOCIALISM
Workers' self-management in state enterprises
- Employees shall own state enterprises and shall be responsible for production decisions in accordance with the economic policy of the government.
Workers' assemblies in local and foreign private enterprises
- Local and foreign private enterprises shall be required to have workers' assemblies where issues on working conditions are to be addressed.
- All citizens who are not in education are required to have employment. Those unemployed are to be given employment in state enterprises with refusal of such employment may result to sanctions by the government. Self-employed people with low income shall be subjected to state employment.
Confiscation of idle properties
- Individuals who own properties, which are determined to be left idled or have no practical use for the owner, are to be confiscated by the government and are to be distributed to those who are in need. The property may be given in its current state or in a form equivalent to the original property.
Sustainability and conservation of natural resources
- Enterprises are to be given a limitation of resources which they can use. This shall ensure the preservation of the country's national resources in the future.
Efficiency and elimination of production wastes and excesses
- Enterprises must introduce ways through scientific method to make production efficient and and to eliminate production wastes and excesses.
Maintenance of an environment fit for economic development
- The Daikoku Federation must ensure an environment which would be fit for the development of the economy.
POLITICAL AND SOCIAL PRINCIPLES OF URBONIAN SOCIALISM
The People's Party as vanguard party
- The People's Party is the main political party that advocates Urbonian socialism. Other political parties may apply principles of Urbonian socialism and may enter into a coalition with the People's Party.
- The People's Party shall encourage the people for increased participation in all government decisions.
- The church may not interfere with government decisions. The freedom on religion is still recognized.
- Human rights, as indicated in Chapter II of the Constitution of the Daikoku Federation, shall be strongly enforced.
Development of every citizen
- The Daikoku Federation is to further develop its citizens in their abilities and talents so that they may be productive citizens of the federation.
- The Daikoku Federation is to be neutral in conflicts and it shall not be under the influence of any nation.
Strengthening the military
- The Daikoku Federation is to have a strong military force that will not only repel any act of aggression against the federation, but will also act as a deterrent against any plans of aggression.
- The Daikoku Federation is to engage in diplomatic relations which will promote mutual assistance and development.
Released on June 4, 2013
Approved by General Secretary of the People's Party of Urbonia, Migs Caldeo